WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Went to a couple of stores tonight


My first trip was to CVS for my $5.55 refund on the batteries. They gave me cash and there was no problem.

I am officially dating CVS now.

If I get the $20 in ECBs on Thursday I may have to ask him to marry me.

After CVS I was off to Walgreens. They were out of just about everything I wanted but I was able to score 4 rolls of 20 ft. Reynolds Wrap for .95 including tax.

Then it was off to Wal-Mart for some smelly things. If you remember about 2 weeks ago the Queen of Smelly Things and I went on a night shopping trip together. She introduced me to the Glade Plugins oil warmer. I now love the Lavender and Vanilla one.

I was able to pull 8 coupons for these out of the stash of coupons. The coupons are for $3 off and the regular price for these at Wal-Mart are $2.47. I HAD OVERAGE YEAH!!!

I got an 18 pack of large eggs and a 12 pack of Diet Coke to off set the overage. Sorry I forgot to add my Diet Coke to the picture.

OOP for the whole thing $2.67

I still have $1.93 left of the $5 bill from CVS. Now that is a gooood trip!

No comments: