WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Uplifting Note


On an uplifting note, I paid my bills today. I know paying bills is not an uplifting event but today I did good. I have posted that we paid off our car in January. We paid off our credit card in March and am now working on an equity line. Today I was able to pay all of our bills plus pay our car insurance until August, pay our property tax that isnt due until June. I was also able to put an extra $280.00 on our equity line balance and I stuck some money away in the do not touch fund. We still have a little over $300 left for misc. for the next two weeks, Yay!

After my bible study last week I came home and actually figured out how much money we have, how much gos out in bills and how much we waste. What an eye opener that was, I was shocked when I saw how much money we waste a month. I figured we waste about $600 a month. I even gave us a $5oo food allowance for the month and came up with $600 in wasted money. I know we dont eat $500 in food so that is even more to the wasted count. I am convicted to put at least $300 away a month in a do not touch fund.
I am so thankful that God has provided everything that we need, and more.

1 comment:

Mrs. P said...

I'm so excited for you! It's good for me to hear these things because it encourages me that yes, it IS possible to get out of debt. We'll make it someday!