WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Little Disappointed This Week


This week Krogering was a little disappointing. I went today and did my shopping but mostly I only needed vegetables and necessities. I missed the cereal deal a couple of weeks ago so I needed to buy some today. I still saved %45 but I usually save around %50 to %54.

The Kroger totes are free if you go to http://www.kroger.com/ and register and then design a tote. You need to enter your Kroger card number when you register and then after you design your tote they put the free bag onto your card. I got two because my hubby has a card too. By the way all the stuff in the picture was in the totes, they are a really good size.


Here is my stash:

2 Kroger shopping totes free
2 boxes Cheerios 2/$5 I had .50 coupons so they were 2/$3
2 boxes of Kix on sale for 2/$5 I had .55 coupons
6 corn on the cob $2
4-4 packs of Bic Soleil disposable razors onsale for $4.19 I had $2 coupons
1 Neosporin on sale for $3.95 I had .75 coupon
2 Anne House Nut mix were on manager special $1.29 a bag
1 Miracle Whip on sale for $2.99 I had no coupon :(
1 head of leaf lettuce $1.99
4.08 Lbs of yams .69 per lb. total $2.82
2 English cucumbers $1 each
My total with no deal would have been $62.86
---- Total OOP $34.66
Plus I did buy Diet Coke earlier in the week it was 4/$10

No comments: