WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's All About Timing


Sometimes I believe it's all about the timing. I went into Food Lion today to use my coupon for a free bakery item. After getting my bakery item I decided to look at their ad since I was there. I noticed that sour cream was on sale for $1 and I remembered that I still had a .50 coupon left so off to the sour cream I went. On the way I saw a clearance rack, pitstop at the clearance rack. I look at the clearance racks when I shop because I might have a coupon or find a really really good deal. I was scanning the rack in disappointment until I saw the Clean Team wipes. I knew that I had a $3 off 2 Clean Team items. The price was marked $3.79 each which did not sound like a good deal, but I picked them up, prices can be changed if you ask the right person. As I went up another isle I found a lady who was placing tags on the shelves and asked her to scan my wipes to see what price was on them. She scanned and told me $3.79 so I said to her, "That doesnt sound like a clearance price I would get them and use my coupon if they were cheaper." She told me to hang on while she talked to "the people behind the glass wall". She came back and handed them to me for $1.89 each. I can handle that!

My deal"

1 Vanilla pound cake $4.49 (coupon was for $4.99)

1 Daisy sour cream $1 (.50 coupon)

2 Huggies Clean Team wipes $1.89 each ($3 off 2 coupon)

---total before coupons $9.86

-----Total OOP .98

No comments: