WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I Thought I Would Save Money


I decided to try and fix our lawn mower myself and save some of the $50 that the lawn mower shop wanted and get it done about 2 weeks earlier than the shop could do it. I disassembled, partially, the lawn mower and am now trying to get parts. This savings is costing me 7 wasted trips around town looking for a carberator gasket. I have finally found the store (I think) but I am going to call and make sure they have the parts before I head over there tomorrow.

This venture will probably cost me the same price as what the mower shop would charge because I needed to buy the correct sockets and the new parts and dont forget the wasted trips. Next year I should be saving money. Especially now that I know what kind of store I need to buy my parts in.

Hopefully by this weekend this mower will have a new airfilter, oil filter, oil change and a spark plug.

No comments: