WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I Went to Kroger Today


I went and did my weekly Kroger trip today. My hubby needed some spaghetti sauce for a party on Friday so I thought it would be better to go today since this is my Sams Club week. I did pretty well. I thought I was going to get out of there cheap this week but of course I saw some good deals and I actually bought some stuff that was cheaper at Kroger than at Sams Club this week.

One of the deals I worked this week was the cereal. Cheerios was on sale 4/$10 and then $4 off at the register. I also had .50 coupons for all my boxes of cereal. I got the boxes for .50 each.

my deal:

3 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios
1 box of mutli grain Cheerios
13 bags of Kroger veggies on sale for $1 a bag
1 cucumber $1
1 bag of mixed greens discounted for $1.89
2 bags of fresh spinach on discount for $1.39 each
2-8ct boxes of 150 mg Zantac $4.99 (I had 2 coupons for $5 off each)
2-18ct large eggs on sale for $1.77
1-6pack of Yoplait drinkable yogurts $2.69 I had a .55 coupon
6 Yoplait yogurts .62 each I had a coupon for .50 off 6
1 bag of Sunkist Almond slices these were $2.99 & got a free Kroger salad dressing. I had $1 coupon
2 bags of Lenders bagels $1.79 I had $1 coupon off 2
1 Ragu spaghetti sauce $1.59 NO COUPON as I write this I feel a sting in my heart. I paid full price and did not have a coupon.

---total before discounts $68.43

---total OOP $37.30

No comments: