WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Friday, April 18, 2008

The LAWNMOWER!


I know you all have been watching my blog in disbelief that I am trying to do my own lawnmower repair to save money. Well the lawn mower project is ove, Yay! This project was going to save me $5o, I s very excited! I went to the library and got a book and was well on my way to great savings.
Yesterday after my morning bible study I was headed to Advanced Auto to get a $2 drip pan. I was cruising along because I had a bit of a time crunch. I flipped open my cell phone to call my mom to tell her about a yard sale. I'll admit I was not watching my speed. Which after a ticket I received last year I have been regularly doing on this road. I had just gotten my mom on the phone and came down a hill when a police officer pulled out behind me and started his lights. I was driving 42 in a 25. I know, I know way to fast. This ticket is going to cost me $156.
Today I went out to try and put everything back together and to see if the lawnmower was going to run. I have changed the oil, air filter, carberator gasket and had the blades sharpened. I pulled the rope and nothing. My husband is loading it into the car now to take it to the lawnmower guys.

So my $50 lawnmower venture is going to cost over $200 this year.

I will try again next year.

No comments: