WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Scenario Worked!!!


Money Saving Mom wanted us to post our scenarios so here it is. I went to CVS tonight and worked my deal. I ended up spending a little more than originally planned because as I was walking out the door my hubby asked for a pill cutter. Since I do all of this to help my husband and its FUN I got him what he needed.

Here is my deal:

My 1st deal was

1 Alavert just to see if it was working, it IS!
these are priced at $6.99 and there is a $4 off coupon click here
---total $2.99

I used $2 ecb and .99 OOP

My 2nd deal
3 Alavert
1 Pepcid AC Chewable
1 Aquafresh Advanced Whitening toothpaste
1 Mennen 24/7 deoderant
2 CVS Pain relievers
1 Gallon milk (needed)
1 pill splitter (6.99)
---total before coupons $58.40

coupons used
$2 manuf. Pepcid (this also has a mail in rebate for $5.50)
$2 CVS printable coupon
3-$4 Alavert
1-$2 Aquafresh CRT (cash register receipt)
1-$2 Aquafresh Manuf.
$1 Mennen speedstick
$10 off $50 purchase CRT
$4 off $20 purchase printable coupon

----Total OOP $1.52


I used $21.99 in ECB's and I have $37.97 to use next time.

1 comment:

Alyssa @ KeepingTheKingdomFirst said...

Wow, you did great. I did the Alavert tonight also and it worked for me too!

Thank you, CVS!