WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The MEGA SHOP!








First let me roll up my sleeves this may take awhile.



Krogers deals this week are
FAABULOUUUS!
I say in my best opera voice.

I only have about half of my Scotts in the picture and 2 of the Pillsbury (not pictured) fell behind my freezer so they had to be retrieved after I put everything away.

Krogers is running the buy 10 get $5 off of you purchase and there is no limit on your transactions. I did 6 transactions.
The deals are all through the store you just have to make sure you lump them into 10 item transactions or else you will be spending to much.
I will not list pricing for everything because that would be overwhelming.
Here is my List

24 rolls of Scotts papertowels
4-96oz of Clorox bleach
5 quart size Ziploc freezer bags
3 gallon size Ziploc freezer bags
2-2lbs Domino granulated sugar
4 Lipton side dish noodles
3 Kraft bags of shredded cheese (2 mozerella, 1 cheddar)
4-8oz tubs of Philadelphia cream cheese (2 are strawberry flavor)
6 pack of Yoplait yogurt
2 magic sizing spray starch (not on the deals but cheap)
2-22oz Shout stain remover
3 Frenchs mustard (2 reg. 1 spicy brown)
6 Pillsbury french bread
2 Pillsbury pizza crust

TOTAL OOP= $56.28 including tax
Actual total w/out deals $155.19

The things I had coupons for were:
Scotts paper towels $1/4
Ziploc $.40/2 and $1/2
Domino sugar $.45/2
Lipton side dishes $.75/2
Pillsbury pizza crust $.50/2 (THESE WERE FREE)
Pillsbury french bread $.50/2
Shout $.75
Frenchs mustard $.30

The cashier was so funny, I went through the 15 or less line. I did 2 transactions at a time. I would pay for those 2, take them to my car and then come in for another 2. When I would come back through he would say, "hey I thought you just came through with papertowels? It was only 7.66 this time." He would get my card and then ask for my coupons. After the 2nd round he said, "come back soon." and then added "I'm sure you will."

No comments: