WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Gods Guidance


I am confessing, I am not one who cares about small details. Nor am I blessed with patients. I like to go forward, and usually rush into something, without much planning or foresight. Then when it doesn't go my way I grumble and complain.
Since taking on this coupon task I realize how important planning and small details are. Now I plan for at least 2 days before I do any shopping and with CVS I plan for at least a week before I do any deals there.

But still I struggle and make mistakes, like expired coupons, getting the wrong product, not looking at my receipt closely and being overcharged, etc... When I make these mistakes first I am frustrated and then I always wonder, "What is God trying to teach me? Is God trying to teach me? Is the devil trying to make me stumble?"

I have decided to look at these mistakes as God's guiding hands teaching me to look at the details, be patient, be swift to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger (James 1:19). I am also trying to be thankful for these opportunities and to learn from them.
I know that God is my father and He will keep holding and helping me for as long as it takes.

2 comments:

julia said...

Well said Kim! You have made me think and wonder about my "Baffled" time at Walgreens yesterday. You are right, i believe there is a lesson in everything, and instead of getting so up tight, find the lesson. I hear u, thanks for posting this!
Julia

Mrs. P said...

Isn't it amazing what God can use to refine people? Great post!

Does Jim know about your thing with CVS?