WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

So Many Lessons so Little Time


I know that God has so many lessons for me to learn. Today I was trying to learn the lesson of being still. I got a coupon for a free Cremora so I decided to check it out. I could have gotten one for free but I was really wanting to get a great deal, like the super size size. The super size was $5 something and my coupon was for free up to $4.50. I decided to hold on to my coupon and wait for them to go on sale. This is a huge deal for me. I really really like things now, NOT sometime in the future; even if its a short time in the future. I was really really wanting to use my coupon. I still want to use my coupon, but I am being still. I know that me being able to be still and wait on God to work is the right thing and the thing I want to teach my children. I know this, but it doesn't make it any easier.
If only I could be bronzed like The Thinker then maybe I would be still. If only I could sit with my elbow on my opposite leg. This is actually hard to do. If only. This statue is outside of the DIA and is actually quite cool. It is also ironic that Rodin, the man who did this sculpture, froze to death in his house because he had no money and this statue sits and weathers all the elements.
Enough with the art lesson.

No comments: