WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Monday, May 12, 2008

CVS Tonight


Money Saving Mom likes to see our deals so I will share.

First let me just say I love my CVS on Sunday nights. This week I was unable to do it on Sunday so I went tonight. I really thought they would be out of toothpaste and toothbrushes so I headed that way first. To my surprise they had everything! I then headed for the Diet Coke, since it is such a great deal this week. I got to the isle only to be disappointed, there was not a drop of Diet Coke to be had. They said there is a truck coming in tomorrow so I guess I will be back at CVS tomorrow.

I did good tonight but I really, really wanted the Diet Coke.

Here is my deal: I did a $50 deal this week

5 Colgate advanced toothpaste $2.99 each
2 Aquafresh toothpaste $2.99 each
2-360 Colgate toothbrushes $3.99 each
1 Tums Quick pak $4.69 each
1 Claratin kids allergy 4oz $10.99
1 Claratin kids allergy 2 oz $5.99
1 8x10 Free from CVS online photo center (these not included in total)
1 5 x 7 Free from CVS online photo center (these not included in total)
---total before coupons $50.58

***I had to improvise due to Diet Coke issue so I added another allergy med. I had only planned on buying one***

coupons used

4-$1 colgate toothpaste
1- $1.50 colgate toothpaste
2- $1 Aquafresh toothpaste
1 Claratin free coupon or up to $6.50. This kid ended up taking off $6.50 from my $5.99 Claratin
1 $5 Claratin coupon
2-$1 360 Colgate toothbrush coupons
$10 off $50 purchase CVS coupon
$3 off $15 purchase CVS coupon
---total Ecb used $16.98
---total cash OOP $2.70

ECB's BACK-----$28.65 I will use some of these for my Diet Coke tomorrow, of course I will work up another $15 deal so that I can use a $3 off $15 coupon.

My total in ECB's is $59.42




1 comment:

Lori said...

You did a great job!