WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Family Trip to Sams Club tonight

The whole family went to Sams Club tonight. I am so thankful, I will not have to go out tomorrow at all except for a birthday dinner for my hubby. It should be great fun we are going to a Japanese Steak house. The kids should have a blast. Anyway back to Sams Club. I went tonight wanting to get out of there under $100. I almost made my goal, we made it out of there for $111.00. I would have been right around $70 if I had'nt bought some extras that we did'nt need.
I bought two hanging planters for $9.81 each. They were originally $23
My hubby bought a bag of chocolate for $9
He got a pack of socks, O.k. maybe he needed them.
He also wanted to get some beer which was like $14.

All in all I did good. I filled my car up on the way out and it cost me $50! I even stopped the pump. I could not bring myself to pump a penny more.
I think we will start walking or biking or something.

No comments: