WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Friday, May 23, 2008

My Heart is Aching for This


The first picture is my Nikon N50 the other pictures are the D60.
O.k. here I go again. I have been watching
The Pioneer Woman blog and her pictures are awesome. Did I say awesome? I meant AWESOME!! Anyway it has made me long for a Nikon D60 digital camera. I have a Nikon N50 which was great back in the day of film but now everything is digital and I am dying for this digital camera. Why am I longing for this camera you ask? Isn't my digital camera I got for Christmas good enough? The camera I got for Christmas is very small and very point and shoot. I can't mess with the aperture, ISO, shutter speeds, you know all that good stuff like I can on my old N50. My N50 is a nice camera but to play around and use all my setting will be pricey because I need to buy film and then developing. I also have the lenses that will fit the D60 and D80 so this is an added bonus. These cameras look so similar do you think anyone would notice if I went to the store and just swapped them out? Just kidding.

Did I mention that the D60 is $699.00 at Sams Club and when you buy it they give you a $40.00 gift card? This is a good deal. Online and in different stores they run about $750.00

I have decided I will NOT buy this camera unless I have a way to afford it. I will NOT mortgage the house for it.

Today I thought,
"Hey maybe I can sell the N50 and get $100 to $150 for it, I will be on my way of saving for the new toy." I went on Ebay to see what my N50 is going for. Hold on to your seat, when I bought this camera with the two lenses in the 90's it cost about $800. Now on Ebay, mint condition ones (which mine is not) are going for $20.00. Yes, $20.00 not $200 or $2000. My hubby told me to hang on to it and we can get more money when it becomes an antique.

I am soliciting advice from all you online readers. How can I get a good discount and/or afford this camera? If anyone has any ideas please, please leave me a comment.

No comments: