WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I Did Good This Week at Kroger


I went to Kroger yesterday and did my shopping for the week. I spent a little more than I thought I would but when I got there I saw a couple of deals.

Here is my deal:

1 Romaine lettuce
8 fresh corn on the cob 8/$2
1 cucumber
1 Sunkist Almonds
1 Dixie cups for bathroom.
2-6pack of Lenders Bagel. I swear I had a coupon but was unable to find it. (needed) We eat so many bagels we really need to own stock.
7 Dole lettuce kits. 4 Ceasar kits and 3- 7 lettuce ones.
2 packs of Kroger chocolate chip cookies
1 pack of bologna on sale for $2.50 (All beef bologna not on sale for .99)
5.95 lbs of grapes
200 straws B1G1 $2
1 lb Private Selection honey ham not on sale
1 Private Selection 56 oz ice cream FREE
1 Private Selection 56 oz light ice cream
1-8 pack Danimals

----Total with no discounts $98.86
--Total OOP $48.86

MY COUPONS USED

.50 Sunkist Almonds
.50 Dixie Cups
.50 Dole lettuce I had 7 coupons for these.
$1.50 off $5 fresh fruit purchase (my grapes were $5.93)
FREE Private Selection ice cream 56 oz
.75 Private Selection ice cream 56oz
.50 Danimals
.80 Shortcuts Discount

Remember all of the coupons .50 and under double at Kroger all the time. I wish I could get the senior discount that would be another 10%. I got another 18 years for that.



No comments: