WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Back In the Saddle


I went to CVS tonight and did a pretty good deal. I think I need to be slapped to get some perspective. I was kinda bummed because I put out $11.24 in cash but I did a $50 deal. This is good, I guess. I remember when I first started the grocery game I thought everything was a great price. Now I can't stand to buy something unless it is almost free. I know this sounds crazy that is why I say I need someone to slap me back into reality.
Thank you money saving mom I love your site and all the help you give.

Here is my deal:

2 Sunmaid cans of raisins 20 oz I think
2 Swiffer wet refills
1 Venus razor
1 Colgate 360 toothbrush
1 Orapik traveler
1 Aquafresh Extreme clean toothpaste
4-10ct Leggs knee highs
2 Kiss artificial nail glue (wanted the ECB) they were 1.99 each and gave $5 ECB
1 dozen large eggs
1 gallon whole milk

----total before coupons $59.14
---total after coupons 38.24
--total ECB paid out $27
--total oop $11.24
Total ECB back $19.77

I should have used more ECB's but it was not a really smooth transaction, it was a little higher than I thought due to miscalculation and then the girl did'nt scan one of the ECB's correctly.

I have about $45 going into my next transaction.

No comments: