WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Shopping With Children



Today I went to Kroger. I really did not need much that was on the list but decided to try some new marinades and rubs since they were such a good deal. I also had some pretty good shortcuts to use.

I went to the store about 11:25a.m. and thought I would have enough time to shop and then pick up one of my children at 12p.m. I went in prepared with my coupons in hand and a preset alarm set of the cell phone to alert me when it was 11:45, figuring I would have plenty of time to get out and run for child. I also grabbed one of the carts with the car on the front to amuse my little one. My thoughts were, "O.k. get in, get out, hit what I need and keep moving." Great, I get into the store and no list. This was the first sign that all would not be as smooth as planned. No list? No problem, I knew what I needed and a little mishap like no list was'nt going to keep this woman on a mission down. Kid was in the car, coupons were in hand, pressing on. I'm zipping around the store grabbing what I had planned to and coraling my little one who had gotten out of the car to help mommy dump things into the cart. After my little guy was walking down the isle carrying a pot and having an audience of cheering cashiers I realized that my alarm had'nt gone off. I check to see the time it said 11:56. I was in the back of the store and had not checked out yet. I run like a crazy woman to the front (no ballerina grace today) to check out. I was greeted by one of the cheering cashiers who gave my little guy plenty of stickers right on the front of his shirt. I tell her my situation and she starts scanning like a person on high octane Meth., Crack, speed, Diet Coke, something. I leave the store and have a 7 or 8 minute ride that needs to be done 5 minutes ago. I got my child 6 minutes late and all was good. These minutes mean alot at our school if you are 15 minutes late or later they start charging. I think the first 15 minutes costs a years college tuition.

Here is my deal today:

4 boxes of Ritz crackers on sale 2/$4 I had 2-$1.00 off 2 boxes shortcuts
6 ears of corn on the cob
2 bags of Live Active cheese on sale for $3.79 I had 2-$2 coupons
3 bags of chips $1.88 each
1 Mircle Whip on sale for $1.99 I had .55 coupon
2 bags of bagels (full price UGH!)
2 Lawrys marinades on sale 2/$4 I had .50 coupons
2 Weber Grill rubs they were .50 each after coupons
1 Philadelphia Cream Cheese I had a .75 shortcut coupon
1 bag of marshmellows to sooth the savage beast in the car.
My total OOP $27.29

No comments: