WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Diapers, Diapers, Diapers What Can I Say?


Diapers are such a budget cruncher. I am so ready to be done with them. They are literally money down the drain. I went back to Kroger today to finish my shopping. Below is everything from this week at Kroger. I ended up making two trips.
6 pks of Huggies diapers, 30 per pack. $9.49 each
3 packs of Huggies Swimmers $6.99 each
4 Kroger frozen veggies $1 a bag
2 Act 2 popcorn $1 a 3 pack
1 Soleil Razor and 1 cartridge
4 Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce $2.99 each
1 lb Private Selection ham $6.56 (full price UGH!)
1 cucumber $1
2 Frenchs Spicy Brown Mustard
2 packs of sunflower seeds $1.39 each
2 packs of dried fruit $1.39 each
4 nail polishes $2.77 each
1 Quattro razor $5
1 Tostitos $2.99 (full price UGH!)
2-2liter of Diet 7-Up FREE

---total before any discounts $181.13
-----total OOP $108.73 - $15 in MIR so it will be $93.73 once I get all my rebates.

My coupons used:

9-$1 Huggies diaper coupons
.35 Kroger veggie
$4 Quattro razor coupon
buy 1 Soleil razor get cartridges free
4-$1 sweet baby ray coupons
2 get mustard free
2 get a free liter of 7-Up
$4.40 of Shortcuts
3-$4 register reductions
$2 of a $10 purchase of any diapers (this was sent to me in the mail)
I did three seperate transactions to get the $4 off at the register on the diapers. I spent $56.91 on diapers alone. I got 180 Huggies diapers and 33 Huggies swimmers.

No comments: