WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Monday, May 19, 2008

CVS & Walgreens Were Treating Me Good This Week


Walgreens and CVS was being nice to me today. I left the house with a $10 bill. I went to McDonalds for breakfast, then off to the stores. I came home with $5 plus change left in my pocket.

Here is what I got at Walgreens:

4-50 oz Purex ultra concentrate detergent B1G1

3-120ct Kleenex

1 Oral-B Crossaction toothbrush

1 Bic multipurpose lighter

1 Scotch shipping tape (clearance item)

before coupons the total was $28 and change (I know ridiculous). After coupons is $19.71

---total OOP $0.00 I used my Walgreens gift card. This gift card I got from buying the monthly deals that give me all of my money back plus overage. I still have about $5 left on it.

My CVS trip:

2 Banana Boat sunscreens $9.99 each

1 Crest toothpaste

1 Colgate 360 toothbrush (I used up the monthly 360 ECB deals last week but this worked today. I think because it is in the weekly ad.)

coupons used

2-$1 Banana Boat 1-$1 Crest coupon, 1-$1 360 coupon

I used $14.98 in ECB's and paid $1.48 in cash

I got $11.99 in ECB's back

No comments: