WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Krogering this week


I had been out of town until last night so I needed to go shopping today. I went to Sams Club first and spent $116. If you minus the $10 for 2 baby outfits and $35 for renewal I spent $71 on food items that we needed.


Later in the day I went to Kroger to see what I could do there. I saw on the grocery game they had some free stuff when you bought a 101 Dalmation DVD. So I bought it and will put it in an Easter basket.


My total before coupons and free stuff was $99, after free stuff and coupons $59.33. Now I think this is pretty close to the highest that I've spent at Kroger but I did buy a DVD.


2 boxes of Post cereal on sale for $1.99 had a $1 coupon off 2

2 Veg. oil on sale 2/$5

2 Kroger fruit snacks on sale $1 each

3-15oz I cant believe its not butter on sale for $2.10 had 1 $.50 coupon and 2 $.40 coupons

2 aquafresh kids toothpaste $1 each

5.19 lbs grapes $1 per pound

1 cucumber 1.99 (needed)

2 containers of strawberries $2.50 each

romaine lettuce $1.99 (needed)
2 renuzit kits $5.99 had a $5 off coupon final was $.99 each. I have never used these before but for $.99 I will try them. They have 3 scents and they change scents every 45 minutes (cool)

When you bought the $19.99 101 Dalmations you got all this for free-

1 rotisserie chicken (we had it for dinner, no cooking- added bonus!)

1L of Dasani water

1 6oz 7 lettuce salad mix(had part for dinner)

1-6pk of sunMaid vanilla yogurt raisins

1-3.75oz of Sunkist almond accents (had some on salad for dinner)

2 bags of sunflower seeds (had some on salad for dinner)

Yes all was free. There was a problem though the ad said that I would get a 6oz bag of pistachios for free but Kroger was out of them. So instead I got 2 large bags of sunflower seeds to compensate for the one small bag of pistachios.


Bigger bags of sunflower seeds than pistachios and 2 bags instead of one? Yeah, I had a hard time agreeing to take the sunflower seeds-NOT!
I was checking out and for some reason it was busy today and the lady behind me said, "I would like to see you check out for free have you ever seen those girls do that?" I said, "yes, I did it at Food Lion a couple of weeks ago." She was shocked and the people behind her even gasped. The lady was so involved in my transaction and talking to me that she forgot to give her card to the cashier, he had to ask for it. She then apoligized to him and said that she was so busy looking at my stuff she lost her head.
LOVE IT!!
Ballerina takes her bow- Tah-Dah!!

No comments: