WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Our 1st Stop Wal-Mart


My friend and I decided to go to Wal-Mart and Kroger last night. We met at the store around 9p.m. and went on the hunt for good deals. I was really there to see if my Post It coupons would work. Sherri, my friend, is the queen of smelly things, she knows all the brands: Oust, Glade, Frabreeze etc.... she was rattling off the deals and brands and my head was swirling-possibly from all the smelly things she was having me smell, I don't know. She was so kind and even shared her coupons with me.
Here is what I got:
4 Clean team flushable wipes .20 with tax after coupons.
8 packs of Post It page markers .97 each I had a coupon for $3 off 2 so I actually got $1 overage on every 2 that I bought.
2 Glade plug ins
2 packs of teeth flossers $2.44 each. I bought these to cover the overage.
TOTAL out of pocket paid- $1.35

No comments: