WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

FRUSTRATED!!


I am so frustrated! I went to Kroger yesterday and was getting all my stuff and then I went to get my free stuff from the list. I was going to get Franks hot sauce and the Sundown Vitamins. I had all my coupons pulled. I get to the Franks hot sauce and its on sale like the grocery game said and then I look at my coupons and they are not the same as what the grocery game said. I had .50 off not $1.79 off. I still could have gotten them for .79 each but I was only getting them because they were free. I stockpiled a few weeks ago so was not needing this item. So we just did'nt get the coupon for $1.79 in this part of the country. Then I went over to get my vitamins that were suppose to be marked $3.89 B1G1. When I got there they had marked them up to $7.29 B1G1 which would not have made them free. The deal was suppose to be get two for $3.89 because of the B1G1 and then use 2-$2 coupons which would have given me .11 overage.
Then when I got to the check out I had picked up Duncan Hines frosting instead of the Betty Crocker so I had to run back down the isle and get the right thing while the cashier voided out the Duncan Hines.

I had planned on going to Walgreens after Kroger and getting my deals. I had even pulled into the parking lot and decided not to go. If I would have had one more disappointment I would have lost it. So instead I came home.

No comments: