WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Kroger Today


I went to Kroger today because we needed some veggies. The grocery game did not have a list this week so I was on my own. Friday is my Sams Club trip but we needed tomatoes, lettuce and cucumbers. I only had $2.20 in coupons.

I spent $32.32 this week.
Almost everything I bought was on sale
2 cucumbers $1 each
Kroger fried chicken (for dinner) $5.99
1 duck cookie cutter $1.49
1 celery
1.95lbs of grapes $1.50 a lb
1 French spicy brown mustard $1.75 and then I had a .30 coupon.
2 packs of grape tomatoes $2 each
leaf lettuce $1.99
Kroger oreo cookies$2.29
4- 1.73lbs of Shady Brook ground turkey 2/$5

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I really have enjoyed your blog and e-mailed it to several friends. I also clicked a link to the Betty Crocker site and registered with them. You have some great ideas and are so funny! I enjoyed the way you put up pictures and prices of your groceries, it was funny. It was helpful to me though, with your ideas to save money with coupons etc.. which I have never used, but am going to start because of your inspiration.