WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Kroger Trip was pretty good


I went to Kroger yesterday for my weekly shopping trip. I feel like I hardly got anything but I did save money. I think because things were smaller and I did'nt have all the bags as I normally have. Here is the breakdown:
4 packs of chicken drums on sale for $.99 a lb.
2 T. Marzetti Salad dressing $1.50 each
3 bags of Hershey easter candy $1.49 each
2 bags of Starburst jellybeans $1.00 each
4 Kleenex 120 ct. $.60 each
(You are probably thinking, how much Kleenex do you need? I bought these because the coupons were getting ready to expire)
4 Oral-B toothbrushes $1.50 each
6 Colgate toothbrushes $.25 each
4 Betty Crocker frostings $.50 each
1 bottle of chewable Maalox $2.99
1 pack of Kroger plates
My Total before coupons $57.43
My Total after coupons $38.92
Savings from coupons $18.51

No comments: