WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

City Services



I know you think I am crazy for posting all of this but I LOVE a good deal. The city in which I live has great services. They give all kinds of stuff away to the residents. We get free mulch, you just have to have a truck to pick it up.
Back in October I noticed that the city had planted some trees down the street from me on city property. The next day I called and asked if I could get some trees out in front of my house on city property. They said they would come and see if there was enough room. A few weeks later I came home to trees in the front. Also since they are one city property they will mulch and trim them. Here is a pick of my free trees.
I saw some city workers pulling plants last Spring (April time). They were thinning out the city flower beds along the road. I stopped and asked if I could have some. They did not let me have any but they did tell me of the annual flower give away that our city has.
I got an email yesterday about a community garden project. They are tilling ground and giving the residents a plot to plant a garden. I called the city to see if there is one closer to my home and there is. I am debating if I will grow a garden this year or not.

No comments: