WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Shopping Today


I went to Kroger and did some shopping today because we will be out of town for a week. I really debated about shopping because there was nothing really pressing on my list that I needed but decided to go anyway. Everything I bought was on sale except the soda. I either bought it on sale or bought it on sale with a coupon. Here is how I did.

My Total before coupons was $33.14 after coupons it was $26.04
Remember every coupon .50 or under automatically doubles at Kroger

2-2 pack of disposable roasting pans. I use these for church meals for people $1.00each

2 Gortons fish packs on sale for 2/$5 and had .35 coupons for each.

2 Oscar Meyer turkey packs $1 each

4 Hillshire Farm honey ham $1 each

2 packs of latex gloves $1 each

4 packs Betty Crocker mashed potatoes on sale for $1 ea. had .40 coupon for each final price .20 each. I have never eaten these before but for .20 I will try them.

2 bottles Old English furniture polish on sale for $2.99 had .75 coupon for each.

1 bag pretzels $1 for our trip tomorrow

4-2 liter of Diet Coke $1.29each had a $1 coupon off of 4. I should have bought these a couple of weeks ago but I was out of soda so I needed to buy it.

See my tips list

1 comment:

Mrs. P said...

Have a great trip! Apparently the weather is still pretty rotten on the west side of the state at least... maybe you'll get to see some snow!