WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Obsessed and Loving It


I am going to share a secret with you all, I hope you don't mind. My secret is, saving money is obsessive. I remember way back when (January) when I started my couponing and I started the grocery game, I ran out and bought toothpaste and shampoo thinking I was getting a great deal. I bought toothpaste for $1 or $1.50 and shampoo for $1 or $2. I really thought these were great deals. Then I learned a few things along the way and I also learned about CVS. Now I cringe at the thought of spending $1 for toothpaste or shampoo. Isn't that funny?

I used to spend $250 every other week at Sam's Club and then spend, probably, $50 a week at Kroger on top of that. Now I stress out about spending $100 or more at Sam's Club and anything over $35 at Kroger is highway robbery.

Yes, using coupons and getting great deals is obsessive and I am as happy as a pig in mud doing so. I would like a moment to wallow in my obsession now.

No comments: