WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Michelangelo Buonarroti vs. Diego Rivera
















Diego Rivera and Michelangelo Buonarroti painted frescos. Fresco is a technique where the artist adds pigment and a little water to wet plaster or lime mortar. When dry tah-dah.
This is such a cool piece of art. I have actually been to the DIA and touched it. O.k. o.k. I know I should'nt have touched but I could'nt resist. This piece of art is in a whole room. You can just stand in the middle and turn around and see this whole auto company, man and machine art. These pictures do not do it justice. The detail is amazing. Rivera was also married to Frida Kahlo. We will discuss her art another time. If you get a chance to see a picture of her check out her unibrow. All I can say is UNI-WOW!

Why is my heading Diego vs Michelangelo, you ask?
The Sistine Chapel ceiling is done in this same technique, fresco, and was painted by Michelangelo. So these two artists have that in common and here is a little fun fact as well.
When they did restoration work on the Sistine Chapel they found paint brush hairs imbedded in the plaster from Michael Angelo. Can you guess what they found in Diego Rivera's fresco? Jalepeno seeds! Yes he was known to paint and eat peppers and the seeds have been found in his art work years later. I think that is cool.

Another little tid bit. When Michelangelo was painting the Sistine Chapel he and the Pope did not get along. The Pope thought the painting should have went much faster and Michelangelo was kinda pompous. He was going to work at his pace (God complex). I have included a picture of Angelo (the B & W at the bottom) and one of the Sistine Chapel panels which displays God reaching out to touch Adams hand. Notice the face of God, does it look like anyone we know? HMMM, Michelangelo what were you thinking.

No comments: