WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Unexpected delight


If you remember, I posted about teaching a Magic Tree House class in February. One of the things we are going to do is make a volcano with Mentos and diet soda. A couple of weeks ago we got Mentos gum coupons in our inserts. I ran to Kroger and bought 7 packs of Mentos gum. Well I use the word "bought" loosely because all of the gum was FREE. Anyway, I got the gum thinking I could use this for my experiment. As with any experiment that you are doing with a group, I did my own experiment first to make sure the gum would work. Unfortunately it did not. I was bummed because I had gotten all of this gum for no reason.

Here was my next step. I need you to recall one of my famous phrases, "If you dont ask" what? "You dont even have a chance for a discount."

So I asked.

I emailed Mentos to see if they could send me some coupons and I explained in the email that I was teaching a class and what I wanted the Mentos for.

Today I checked my email and Mentos replied back to me. Here is the reply

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding Mentos. We appreciate hearing from our consumers. We do not have any coupons to mail out however from time to time they are available in your local newspaper.

I was a little bummed and then I read the last line. Here comes the last line. I am so excited, I am sitting here my heart is racing and I'm chuckling.

The last line reads

I will send some Mentos to the address in your email to help with your project.

Are you kidding me? They are going to send me some free Mentos!!
WOOO HOOO!

When they come I will take a picture and post. I dont know how much I will get or when it will come.

No comments: