WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

God Is Good

I wanted to share a story of what God did this week.
I am teaching a magic tree house book club which will start in February. The first book we are studying is Pompeii, Romans and Mount Vesuvius. Cool right? I really wanted to make togas for all of my students, 11 in all. I was struggling with how I could make them and be cost effective. I decided I would go to one of my most favorite places in the world Good Will. Before I went I was talking to a friend and said I was praying that God would provide a bunch of white sheets cheap so that I could do these togas. I was really doubting I would find them but I was hopeful that God had it worked out for me. I went into the Good Will and headed to the back. To my surprise there was a whole bin of white sheets. They had been donated to the Good Will by one of the local hospitals. As I was rejoicing and laughing a worker walked up to me and said they had gotten 6 big boxes of sheets and that there was even more in the backroom. She said it was very rare to have white sheets and the hospital donates their sheets every couple of years or so.
I know some people would say, "yeah but they're only white sheets. God provides white sheets?" I say to them, "God provides all things. He will provide and provide more than what we need and bless us more than we thought possible." I went in looking for 7 or 8 white sheets and God provided about 8 dozen.
I went to a friends house yesterday and cut out 14 togas and have one for myself as well. All for the great cost of $16.
Can I get an Amen?

1 comment:

Lori said...

Amen! You must have a good friend to know to suggest the Goodwill! Isn't God good.
Hey...missed you yesterday