WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Monday, July 28, 2008

A Split Decision Shop Today


I went to Kroger today but it was not planned. I came home from a long day and then an hour later my hubby showed up. Grant it, it was his normal time to come home but I felt as if I had just sat down and boom he was there. I had taken some pork chops out for dinner and was craving some Shake-In-Bake. I am sorry to say that I have not found these on sale, hence, I did not have a supply to go to in the basement. Off to Kroger I went and I decided that the Mega Deal could not live without me this day. I did Good! I loaded up on bagels again. Yes I did 10 packs of bagels for $1 a bag. I told you I needed to have stock in Lenders, I was not kidding. We eat so many bagels in this house.
Anyway I spent $27 for everything. I bought:
10 packs of Lenders bagels
4 bags of Doritos
2 containers of sour cream (thanks Sherri for the q's, I love me some free sour cream)
1 bunch of romaine lettuce
1 box of Shake-n-Bake
2 packs of Heiners buns(tomorrow its hamburger and hot dogs)
1 box of Special K granola bars ($1 off coupon)
1 Betty Crocker icing ($.55 shortcut coupon)
2 boxes of Eggos

I thought I would throw in a picture of what 10 packs of bagels looks like all together.

1 comment:

Lori said...

You did do a great job!