WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Camera Fund

In the recent past I blogged about starting a camera fund, but I dont think my passion for this camera really came through in my last post, I am going to clear that up right now. I have been watching a blog called The Confession of a Pioneer Woman. She takes awesome pictures and has a Nikon D80 camera. This camera is AWESOME! I have the old film version of this now digital camera. Anyway, the Pioneer woman takes great photos and tells you how her camera was set to get the picture. I check this blog many times a day that is how addicted I am. Ever since I have started following this blog my heart has been throbbing for this camera. I really, really, really want this camera. O.k. here comes the but- but, I will not buy this camera unless I have money to pay for it. I refuse to put it on credit and get sucked into that kind of debt plus I dont think my hubby would like that either.
So to earn money for my camera I opened an ING account. Why am I posting this and wasting your time? you ask? My reason is to show that money can be made.

Every year when we get taxes back I put $2000.00 into an account and this becomes our vacation money. We love to take family trips every year and if I did not put money aside we would not be able to afford a vacation totally paid for by cash.

This month I transfered $1600.00 of vacation money into my ING account to earn interest. I just checked my account today and for July I have earned $1.04 so far. This is $1.04 closer to my $899.00 camera. Yay!

No comments: