WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wal-Greens Diapers

I needed diapers so off I went to Wal-greens to work a deal. They had their diapers on sale for $5.99 a jumbo pack and when you bought 3 you got back $5 is RR. Also they had an easy saver coupon for $5 off 2 packs.

I did 2 transactions, 3 packs of diapers each. Here is the break down:

3 packs of diapers totaled $17.97 - 2.50 (easy saver coupon) each pack = 10.47 I had $4 of so on gift card so I paid OOP $6.??
My second deal was the same except I used the $5RR that printed from my 1st purchase toward my 2nd purchase and put out right around $6 in cash.
My plan was go get another $5 RR and then buy another 2 packs and pay like .50 for 2 more packs of diapers but sadly I found out that if you pay with a RR they will not print you another one.
I paid $13.00 for 136 diapers. I was at Sams the day before and their Member Mark diapers cost $30.88 for 156 diapers. I think I still got a good deal. By the way the diapers are fine.

No comments: