WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

I think I need professional help!


O.k. there are two motto's that I try to live by, well at least two that I try and live by. The first is, "It's nice to be nice" and the second "never say never". Remember back a few months ago I posted about having trouble with some coupons at Wal-Mart? Remember I vowed to never go back? Well I kinda didn't hold up to my end of that deal. I do try and shop other places if possible but sometimes Wal-Mart is the place to be. I ask you, How can I stay away from a place that sells Vlasic pickles for $.12 a jar? Or who sells HP printer paper for $.97 a pack. I just can't do it! Here is where I think I need professional help. To get the Vlasic pickles and the HP paper you have to have the printable coupons. I do have them, actually I have them saved to my desktop. So every time I sit down at my computer I see these wonderful coupons staring back at me and daring me to use them one more time. Today I needed to make a trip to Wal-Mart for some sticky mouse boards. No, we don't have mice but these boards make great bug boards. Our basement gets crickets and these sticky boards are the best traps. They are also a great buffet for the spiders who eat the crickets, but that is another story. Anyway, as I was preparing to leave for Wal-Mart I couldn't help but print another three coupons for the HP paper. I now have 9 packs of paper, which has saved me $27. I can't stand going to Wal-Mart and not picking up the HP paper. Help I think I am addicted to good deals. The coupon doesn't expire until December. I may be in big trouble.

2 comments:

Mrs. P said...

Just few steps away from the Happy Tablet Academy huh?

Don't feel bad. I've been there, and it's not such a bad place. Don't suffer from insanity. Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

So, how do you get the pickles and HP paper so cheap? Send me note on how to do that if you don't mind... krispykritterusa@gmail.com Thanks!