WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Do You Want to See My Deal?


Do you want to see a good deal I got today?

Well, do you?

I got 18- $2.25 off 1 Electrasol coupons a week ago. I have been looking and waiting for someone to put them on sale or at least to get a good deal. I went to Target and they have Electrasol 20ct for $3.04 regular price. This is even cheaper than Wal-Mart. I took all my coupons and bought my year supply of Electrasol. The bill started out at $57.46 before coupons, could you imagine? It would break my heart if I had to pay that. Instead I paid $16.99 for 18 boxes. That comes to about $.94 per box.

When I left the register my total was $21.46. That did'nt seem right to me I thought it would be more like $17. I got outside and looked at my bill. The cashier had only scanned 16 of my coupons. I turned around and headed to customer service. They went and pulled my coupons out of the register and sure enough all 18 were there. A couple had stuck together.

TIP: When using coupons you will run into mistakes. This is a given, let me repeat, YOU WILL HAVE CASHIER/STORE MISTAKES! You have to have the confidence and willingness to go back into the store or to the cashier and have them fix it. They may not like it but hey it is your hard earned coupon and money. Go back girlfriend/boyfriend and get your money. Today going back got me an extra $4.50 off my bill. Also make sure to check the receipt if something does'nt seem right. If you need to have the cashier explain it to you. The people behind you may not like it but hey you will probably never see them people again anyway. If you do they will know not to get behind you in line.

No comments: