WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sams Club

I have to start this post by apologizing to everyone. This week I have been off schedule do to sickness. My normal Sams day is Friday so if you checked in and saw nothing I am sorry. I ended up making the trip today, which is Sunday. It is very different there on the weekends it's busier and the normal faces are not there. Those of you that know me know that I have been going to Sams Club every other Friday for a very very long time. I have gotten to know some of the workers and they recognize me and my kids. Sometimes they talk about when I was pregnant for the kiddies. A couple of times the workers have even asked me if I had the day off, they assumed that I had worked there since they saw me so much.

Anyway back to the point of the post. I have been grocery gaming since December and trying to cut back on items that I needed at Sams and get it when the game has it to stockpile. I now buy mostly milk, eggs, fruit and veggies at Sams. Last shopping trip I was under $200 which was good. I felt this trip I would be able to be right around $100 (see post from Thursday). To my surprise when all was said and done I spent $79.04, this was shocking to me. My cart was not nearly as full as usual, I kept feeling like I had forgotten something and even stood in the middle of the store looking around. I am still in shock and I keep racking my brain thinking that I have forgotten something but nothing seems to be missing.

ANOTHER GOOD TRIP!

No comments: