WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Krogering

last week I did'nt need to go to Kroger at all, I am so happy! I did go yesterday and spent $5.40 on things I needed for dinner. Unfortunately the things I bought were not on sale and even sadder is the fact that I had no coupons to use.

I am finding that my grocery list has gone way down. We don't "need" hardly anything. It's not as fun using the grocery game. I think I am having withdraw. I want the big "tah dah" whipping out $18 in coupons every week. It is still good, I am not spending money. This past two weeks I spent a total of about $140 and have everything that we need and more. My hubby is complaining that the freezer is to full.

A friend asked me what I did with my savings. I thought, "My savings? What extra money?" But after thinking about it, what I did do this week was pay extra bills that don't normally get paid until next week. I also put more money on a couple of the bills we had. At this rate we should be able to be out of debt. YEAH!!

No comments: