WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Another good Kroger trip



I went to Kroger today with my list and coupons in hand. I did gooood! My total before coupons was $43.22. How much do you think I spent? Can't guess? I spent $25.81



Kroger is running a Nascar special, if you buy 10 products of certain brands they give you an additional $2 off at register I will mark these with double starts(**)


Some things were on sale but I did not have a coupon for. Here is the low-down:






3 Betty Crocker cake mix .77each

3 Duncan Hines brownie mix $1 each

2 V8 46oz sale 2/$5 had a .50/2 coupon final price= $2.00each

**4-2liter Coke products .75each

3-6pks Yoplait kids yogurt sale was 2/$4 I had .35 coupon final price= $1.30

3 Stayfree pads 16-24ct sale 2/$5 I had $2 offea coupons final price=.50each

**4 Wishbone salad dressings sale was 3/$5 had coupons for $1/2 final=.97each

**1 Hellmans Mayo 30 oz sale is $2.49 had a .50 coupon final=1.49

**7 boxes of 15 Tortinos pizza rolls this was brought to my attention today and was not on my list but I had 7 coupons. final price was FREE

4 comments:

Sherri said...

Gotta love Kroger and Grocery Game! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

When can I come over for pizza and brownies???? I'll bring the ice cream!
Shelly

Judah said...

Ok, I would love to explain CVS to you!! Just know I am a rookie at it. I am learning about it from 2 of my friends. I'll send you a detailed email about it soon

Mrs. P said...

I love how artistically you've arranged the spoils ;)