WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

CVS Diapers

Let me say that doing the CVS ECB makes my head spin but I am set on trying to figure it all out.

I went there today because they had Huggies on sale and I had coupons. They have a deal going that if you spend $30 you get $15 in ECB back.

Here is what I did. I got 3 packs of Huggies at $8.99 each and had 3 coupons for $1.50 off ea. when I got to the cash register my total was under $30 by about $2 so I was not going to get the ECB's so I added 4 Palmolive dish soaps that were .74 each after coupons. Adding these got me to $30. Then I got a $4 off of $20 purchase when I went to CVS website yesterday and updated my info. I used that which brought my total down.

After I did that transaction my $15 ECB printed out. I took those and bought 2 more packs of Huggies that came up to $14.98 after coupons.

My total out of pocket was right around $23 and I got 150 diapers or 5 packs of 30.

1st transaction here is how it worked:
Huggies $8.99 x 3
Palmolive dishsoap .99 x 4
subtract coupons $1.50 x 3 and .25 x 4
then subtract store coupon $4

2nd transaction was
8.99 x 2
subtract $1.50 x 2
used my $15ECB

I beat Sams Club pricing for diapers. I get 156 diapers for 29.88 or something like that.

No comments: