WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

2-13 Trip

I went to Kroger this evening for the weekly shop and here is how I did. I did not get pictures this time because I am coming down with something and it was enough to try and get myself to the store.

My Total before coupons was $47.06 and after coupons it was $33.15. I had $13.91 in coupons. I did not have coupons for everything but some items were needed and everything was on sale except the Old Fashion ice cream. Here gos:

1 Breyers Ice Cream $2.67
5 boxes of Nature Valley granola bar sale was 2/$4 had a .50 coupon final was $1.50 per box
4 Hillsire Farm Deli Select lunch meat on sale for 4/$5
2 Thomas English muffins $1.50 each
6 bags of Flat Earth crisps FREE
3 12 packs of Diet-Coke
3 packages of Lenders Bagels on sale for $1.19each
1 gallon of Old Fashion Kroger ice cream $4.19 it was not on sale but I like to keep ice cream in freezer.

Since I have been shopping at Kroger I am starting to get more coupons printed out at check out. Today I got a Smart Balance butter coupon.

I also found that if you go to http://www.pgesaver.com/Sites/PG_eSAVER/Page/HomePage/ you can sign up with your Kroger card and they have coupons that you can download onto your card. Then when your in the store you just scan your card and the coupon comes up. I have not used it yet but they sent me an email today to download more coupons. I will be checking the site tonight.

No comments: