WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

CVS shoppping trip

I went to CVS today to try my hand at some coupon savings. I would also like to note that the grocery game has taken this week off due to holiday so I am winging it. Next week will be better, I think. Anyway I went to CVS and here is what I got:

2 packs of the Swiffer dry - 2 packs for $7
1 Colgate Total White toothpaste 6 oz - 2 for $5
4 Dawn Ultra dish soap 11oz each $.99 ea
1 Bounce lint brush $3.99

here is my coupons I had

$3 off of a $15 purchase
$1.50 off Colgate total white toothpast
2- $1 off 2 Dawn soaps any size
$1 off 2 Swiffer dry products

My bill before coupons was $17.45 without tax

My bill after coupons was $9.95 without tax

TOTAL WITH TAX $10.67

I also got $3 Extra Bucks (which is just like money) for my next purchase and a coupon for $2.50 off CVS brand purchase of $10 or more.

This week CVS has their brands buy one get one free so I could use that coupon this week while their brands are on sale.

1 comment:

Mrs. P said...

Congrat's Kim!

Justin says that this is his new favorite blog. He's jealous of your savings, and will soon be playing the coupon game, I think.

See you tonight at Ellouise's?

Marion