WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

This weeks loot

I have done a bad job of posting with pics this week. I had a wishy washy week because I am used to shopping every two weeks so this week threw me off.

I did get some great deals but they came spuratically. First of all what sticks out is my Sunsilk shampoo. It was on close out for $1.80 I had a $1.50 coupon. Of course I had 5 coupons so I got 5 shampoos for .30 each.

Another great find was the Degree deoderant. It was on sale at Kroger for 2/$4 I had a $1 coupon so I was able to get it for $1 a stick. When I got to Kroger to buy the deoderant I noticed that they had some that had the one big stick and a sample stick (1/2 stick) together in one package on sale for the same price. I was able to 1 1/2 sticks for $1 instead. I even beat the Grocery Game deal (I am so proud).

Lysol was on sale this week to so I was able to get the toilet cleaner for $1.24 a bottle and the all purpose cleaner for $1.34 each. Both of these products run somewhere around $3 each.

No comments: