WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Grocery Trip 1-31-08


o.k. here go's. I think I did pretty well, what do you think?


The List of Sale items with coupons

6 Pillsbury Pie crust on sale for .99 I had $1.00/2 coupon (coupon on the box). final price .49 a box.
4 box Post Cereal Honeycomb, Honey smacks & fruity pebbles, sale 1.99, coupon $1.00/2, final = 1.49 ea
1 Quaker oatmeal cereal- sale 1.99, coupon .50 off, final = .99ea
6 Del Monte Diced canned tomatoes, sale 10/$5, coupon .40/2 ,final=.10ea
3boxes NY Texas Toast sale $4/2, coupon .40, final= $1.20ea
4 Orville Redenbacker popcorn, sale $5/4 ,coupon $1.00/2 ,final= .75ea
2 Kraft cheese, sale $4/2, coupon $1.00/2, final=$1.50ea
8-6oz Yoplait Yogurt, coupon $1/8, final .38 each ( I beat Sam's price by .07ea)
1pack of 4-4oz Yoplait Yo-Plus yogurt, sale $2.37, coupon$1, final=$1.37
4 Pace Salsa bottles, sale $3/2, coupon .40, final $1.10ea
Green grapes on sale $1 per lb.
2 French Mustard sale $1.25 I cant remember my coupon if it was .30 I got it for .65ea. All of my other coupons were .40 or $1 so I think I got a good deal.
My total for todays grocery shopping was $63.81 including tax. I had $18 in coupons.
The cashier even said that I had gotten a good deal.
I bought all of the above list plus ice cream, hot dog and hamburger buns, bag of spinach, pop tarts, a box of stove top stuffing, 2 Kroger syrup, 5lb flour, 1 box Wheat Thins, Kroger Oreo cookies, 4lbs of grapes, 1-I cant believe its not butter.
I wish I would have taken a picture of my grocery cart it was loaded to the top.

No comments: