WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Gearing Up

I have been clipping coupons and hitting the websites and downloading everything I can get my hands on. I am starting to get nervous about changing my routine. I am worrying that I am going to end up spending more money instead of less. I am also worrying about balancing children and trips to the grocery store more often. Right now I shop at Sams Club every other week when my husband gets paid. When I start the coupon savings I will need to go to the store weekly and to Kroger instead of Sams Club. Its a bummer that Sams does'nt accept coupons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you like earning airline miles go to your favorite airline site. Create an account or log in, if you are already registered, then find the section on how to earn miles.

You will be suprised at all of the merchants listed. Ex: "US Airways, Earn Miles." Pick the store you want to shop, pay online and have it mail-ordered to you. ***5 miles per dollar spent isn't too bad, some stores offer even more.***

I buy from Circuit City and Best Buy at times and they allow you to print your receipt and take it in for same day pickup:) "That means NO WAITING."

All of the major airlines have these partnerships and even the newbie airlies are getting on the bandwagon. You just have to go to the websites and navigate around.

It is always nice to have enough miles for an emergency ticket too. Most airlines let you fly as soon as the next day. Keep that thought in mind the next time you have to go somewhere and don't want to pay hundreds to thousands of dollars for a last minute ticket. Happy Flying...