WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Friday, January 18, 2008

My first big grocery shopping




First of all I have to say that my grocery receipt is the longest that I have ever had. I held it under my chin and it comes down to my fingertips.


My total bill was $120.24 and after coupons it was $89.49. My receipt says that I bought 59 items.


I took a couple of pictures to show what I got. Now not everything was on sale I will give you the coupon deals and sales deals list.
Jergens Lotion 2/$5 with coupon 1.75 bought 5
Ge Reveal light bulbs 4/$10 with coupon $1.50 a 4 pack bought 6 packs
Soft Soap 10/$10 with coupon .30 each bought 5
Kroger plastic wrap 10/$10 bought 3
Dove deoderant 2/$4 with coupon $1.00 each bought 6
Kroger can mushrooms 4/$5 bought 5
Ragu Spaghetti sauce 10/$10 with coupon .50 each bought 4
Shaddy brook ground turkey $1.99 lb bought 3 lbs
Chex Mix FREE got 5 bags
Organic potatoes $1.50 for 3lbs
Then I also bought some things that were not on the list but needed and they made up the rest of the bill.
I am a little bumped because I bought some Ritz crackers but couldnt find my coupon for them so I had to pay the sale price without a coupon.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Great job! And did you get out of Kroger still sane since you shopped with the 2 kids? Looks like you will be smelling fresh for the next 6 months after seeing all your deodorant! And you can clean up with your soap after snacking on all the chex mix!!