WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Good Deal found by Lori

I went to kroger today to buy several things and on the way out, next to the self checkout, was a bunch of Disney multivitamins on sale for $3.84. They had Cars, princess, winnie the pooh, in both gummy and regular. So, these vitamins are over $5 at Walmart and regularly $7.49 at Kroger. I picked up a box. When I went to check-out, the coupon machine spit out a coupon for $3 off any 2 Disney Vitamins. Well, now, that's a great deal!I bought 6 more boxes (2 boxes for $4.85 at a time) saving $7.50 per two boxes.Total spending $14.85 for six boxes (at sale price plus coupons)Saving: $22.50 for six boxes. (at the sale price plus coupons)If there had not been any sale, I would have spent at least $30.00 for them all at Walmartand $45.00 at Kroger.If you try to get this deal, you only need to buy one box to get the coupon to spit out. Then, just keep going back until your hearts content!

Thanks for sharing Lori

No comments: