WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Gearing up for the first big grocery shopping

I have been planning and gearing up to use my coupons this week for Kroger. I made a grocery list it was a thin, long note pad that hangs on the refrigerator. I had to up grade to a legal size not pad because I found myself writing sideways and any which way all over my list. Well of course by doing this I confused myself and had to start over. My legal pad list is now broken up into categories. I made long columns going down the page which I labeled- items, original price, sale price, coupon price, how many coupons, final price. I have now filled one side of a legal pad with grocery items. I am going to Sam's Club tomorrow (weather permitting) for staples, milk, bread, eggs, fruit and gas. I will be going to Kroger on Friday. I am having a little trouble with keeping my coupon file open, coupons orderly, not forgetting anything, taking care of baby and making sure baby doesn't rip up or throw coupons.

I will admit I am feeling overwhelmed with all the decisions and coupon hunting. I know once I get the hang of everything it will be much smoother.

***Savings of the day***I went to Ukrops and they had the Knorr Lipton noodle sides on sale for the same price as Krogers so I used my 6 coupons. The coupons were $.75 off of 2. The Lipton sides are on sale for $1.00 so with coupons they cost $.63 each.

1 comment:

Judah said...

how did it go at krogers?
I went to krogers yesterday with my grocery game list and 5 items were incorrect, I was so frustrated.