WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wal-Mart Deal today


I owe a big shout out to Sherri for her diligent deal finding. She found a deal at Wal-Mart for me this morning. Wal-Mart had a deal that was only advertised online but it was an in-store sale. They were selling Compaq Presario notebooks with 2 GB RAM, DVD-R, Celeron processor, Vista Windows for $298.00. When Sherri saw this she called me because she knows I have been waiting for a good deal on a laptop. Last night I readied myself for the crowd, got a good nights sleep and headed to Wal-Mart this morning at 6:45. I got there so early because the ad said the stores would have 10 minimum so I wanted to make sure I got one. When I got there I got a ticket for the laptop and was number 5. The sale didnt start until 8 so I milled around for awhile and came back for the computer. Right around 8 the crowd started to swarm. The electronic guy said they had 29 computers, WHEW!!! I paid for my computer and was a happy camper. I decided at this price maybe my mom should be a happy camper as well, so I waited for everyone else to get their laptop and then I got another ticket and bought another one. Why buy one when you can get two at such a good price? If you see my mom shhh because its her Christmas present.

No comments: