WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Answering a request

I have had a question about adding coupons to my Kroger card so I am going to answer it. Please remember I am not an expert there maybe more ways to add coupons but these are the only ways I know.

Why would you want to add coupons to your Kroger card? Because its added savings of course. If you have a coupon attached to your card and you have a manufacturer paper coupon in your hand both of these coupons can be used on the same item. A perfect example for me would be this: Betty Crocker frosting has gone on sale for $1.50 I have had a .50 paper coupon that double to $1 at Kroger. Then I have had a .50 shortcuts coupon on my card. This makes a frosting free.

$1.50 frosting
-$1.00 manufacturer coupon doubled
-.50 shortcuts coupon
= FREE frosting

CAUTION WITH ADDING COUPONS TO YOUR CARD I was adding coupons that I thought I would use and then I ran out of room and there were coupons I wanted to add but couldn't . Now I look at the sales and then go and add my coupons from the websites.

Here are the websites I use. The first is shortcuts.com when you go to this link you will have to register and then add you cards.

The next site I use us P & G eSavers This site is actually a Kroger site. You need to register and then add you card number. Once you are registered you can add coupons here as well.

My third and last website I use is called Cellfire.com This is a new site I just added it tonight. My friend has used it for awhile and really loves this site too. With this site you need to add your cell phone number. They do not contact you or do anything to your cell phone but you do need to add you number to get access to this site. Now with this site you can add coupons to your cell phone or you can add them straight to your Kroger card. They will send a confirmation code to your cell and then you are to add that number into the website. I added All of my coupons directly to my Kroger card. It was a little confusing to do but if you register then login and go to the deals area, I think it even said add coupons to your phone. When you click on the coupon you want to add a little window will pop up and allow you to add your Kroger card.

No comments: