WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Unexpected CVS Trip, Maybe I Need More of These


My battery in my digital camera died so I needed to get a battery. I can't bare to step into CVS and not have a deal worked out. This was a good one!

Sherri and I also figured out why my deals never line up with hers and why it seems I always get more ECB's back then she does. I read on a blog awhile back that you can use a CRT (Cash Register Tape Coupon) AND a $3 off $15 or a $4 off $20 purchase coupon on the same deal. See my deal below and I will demonstrate. Just to let you know I did a $50 deal tonight.

6 boxes of Nature Valley granola bars 3/$10
1 Duracell Battery charger $14.99
1-4 pack of Duracell Power batteries $2.99 (The tag said $5.99 but are scanning for $2.99)
2 CVS cotton swabs $3.19 each
2 Brut deoderants $3.19 each

Total before coupons $52.13

coupons used (here is where I worked some magic)

6 granola coupons .65 each
$10 off $50 CRT coupon
$5 off $30 printable coupon (CVS sent in email today)
$5 Duracell battery charger coupon (CRT from last deal at CVS)
$2 CVS skincare coupon (printed from the centsible sawyer )
.75 Brut coupon
.55 Brut coupon
$1 Duracell battery coupon

I used $20.96 in ECB's
I got back $20.00 ECB's

Total OOP in cash $2.98

I did have a problem with this deal though. I thought the Duracell batteries were 5.99 and then ended up being $2.99 so I need to go back and buy another small pack of batteries and I will receive another $10 in ECB's
I went to CVS today (Friday) and got my $2.99 pack of Duracell X Power batteries and another CVS cotton swabs. The total OOP $3.39
Total ecbs back today $12
I now have $32 in ECB's for next week.
Today is my 9th wedding anniversary and my hubby surprised me with these flowers today.



No comments: